APOD: Posters of the Solar System (2020 May 19)

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
APOD Robot
Otto Posterman

APOD: Posters of the Solar System (2020 May 19)

Post by APOD Robot » Tue May 19, 2020 4:08 am

Image Posters of the Solar System

Explanation: Would you like a NASA astronomy-exploration poster? You are just one page-print away. Any of the panels you see on the featured image can appear on your wall. Moreover, this NASA page has, typically, several more posters of each of the Solar System objects depicted. These posters highlight many of the places humanity, through NASA, has explored in the past 50 years, including our Sun, and planets Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. Moons of Jupiter that have been posterized include Europa, Ganymede, Callisto, and Io, while moons of Saturn that can be framed include Enceladus and Titan. Images of Pluto, Ceres, comets and asteroids are also presented, while six deep space scenes -- well beyond our Solar System -- can also be prominently displayed. If you lack wall space or blank poster sheets don't despair -- you can still print many of these out as trading cards.

<< Previous APOD This Day in APOD Next APOD >>

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Re: APOD: Posters of the Solar System (2020 May 19)

Post by orin stepanek » Tue May 19, 2020 11:44 am

What can I say? I wish there were more photos of Pluto! :mrgreen:
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

Sa Ji Tario

Post by Sa Ji Tario » Tue May 19, 2020 2:44 pm

All the images saved some are not like in the image of the day but they will serve some time to illustrate if you want to make exchange cards it can be done with the Power Point program for greetings or presentations for posters or simply to cover a damp pattern of the wall , can be used for book covers, folders, diaries or for sweaters or t-shirts, for flyers of any kind, even funeral for example "... Juan took a ticket to this place that he loved so much ..." with the allusive image (sorry, it is chascarrillo, plis do not remember my family)

dlw
Ensign

Post by dlw » Tue May 19, 2020 7:41 pm

Really? One of the moons of Jupiter is "Europe" ?!
;-)

MarkBour
Subtle Signal

Post by MarkBour » Tue May 19, 2020 10:32 pm

Capture.JPG
dlw wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:41 pm Really? One of the moons of Jupiter is "Europe" ?!
;-)
Auto-correct is a plausible defense. :-)

If that Jovian moon had a civilization and decided to send rockets to investigate us, what would they call themselves? I think they could be the Europan Space Agency.
Mark Goldfain

johnnydeep
Commodore

Post by johnnydeep » Wed May 20, 2020 2:33 pm

I pity the fool who prints out the poster of Uranus or Neptune!

Also, it's a crying shame that the posters for the different versions of "asteroids", "comets" and "beyond" don't indicate what particular object they are pictures of :-(
--
"To B̬̻̋̚o̞̮̚̚l̘̲̀᷾d̫͓᷅ͩḷ̯᷁ͮȳ͙᷊͠ Go......Beyond The F͇̤i̙̖e̤̟l̡͓d͈̹s̙͚ We Know."{ʲₒʰₙNYᵈₑᵉₚ}

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Wed May 20, 2020 3:04 pm

johnnydeep wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:33 pm I pity the fool who prints out the poster of Uranus or Neptune!

Also, it's a crying shame that the posters for the different versions of "asteroids", "comets" and "beyond" don't indicate what particular object they are pictures of :-(
I suppose they wanted to keep it generic, so as to not focus on the specific objects, but rather, their classes.

The two versions of the asteroids posters feature Vesta and 193 Ida.

All three versions of the comets posters feature 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko.

The "beyond" series is quite diverse.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

mcentee

Post by mcentee » Wed May 20, 2020 3:55 pm

"Posters Of The Solar System" is labelled as "https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap200519.html" but shouldn't it be ap20200519? It'll make it hard to find it again!