My first post and question (is it ok to ask this)

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
Anonyms
Asternaut

My first post and question (is it ok to ask this)

Post by Anonyms » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:36 pm

I am scientifically challenged - the security questions re login alone here might help me make up for my educational deficiencies! Whoever came up with that scheme (and this entire board) - applause.

Now to my question (which hopefully won't get me thrown out before I even have been a member here for 24 hours): how does an artist/filmmaker with only a Masters degree and a preliminary teaching credential with a weakness for rocket scientists (& others like them) find a nize unattached ...rocket scientist here in the milky way? Will settle for mathematicians and gelologists, et al.

If this gets me thrown off the planet here before I even have both wheels on the ground per se, so be it. It won't be the first time (we artists are prone to such).

Really, though, whoever came up with this board, you rock. I'm a long time APOD devotee.

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Re: My first post and question (is it ok to ask this)

Post by geckzilla » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:59 pm

This post is gold. From the gelologists to the desire for a virtual hookup with a rocket scientist. Pure...gold... good luck. :lol:
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:39 pm

Anonyms wrote:
How does an artist/filmmaker with only a Masters degree and a preliminary teaching credential with a weakness for rocket scientists (& others like them) find a nize unattached ...rocket scientist here in the milky way? Will settle for mathematicians and gelologists, et al.
Try LeRoy, New York:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jell-O wrote:
<<As of 2008, LeRoy, New York, has the only Jell-O Museum in the world, which is located on the main road through the small town. At the museum, visitors can learn about the history of the dessert from its inception. Visitors starting on East Main Street, follow Jell-O Brick Road, whose stones are inscribed with the names of former factory employees. The museum offers looks at starting materials for Jell-O, such as sturgeon bladder and calves' hoofs, and various molds. The Jell-O plant in Mason City Iowa, produces America's entire supply of ready to eat Jell-O gelatin dessert and pudding cups.>>
Art Neuendorffer

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Post by owlice » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:37 pm

Anonyms, there are so many issues with your post that perhaps it's best to leave them unstated and unaddressed. That said, welcome to Asterisk!

Also, I have seen the question that is at the heart of your query ("How can I meet people?") come up on other message boards. Those with interests that are not shared by others around them often turn to the internet for the conversation they crave about their interests. (I have met more physicists on classical music boards than I have met on science boards.) It seems, however, that you don't really want to share interests and that you want more than conversation. You might try personal ads.
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Anonyms
Asternaut

Post by Anonyms » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:56 am

Oy... lunar eclipse must have sucked up the sense of humor along with the moon tonight. But thank you, Geckzilla. You give me hope. And now I'm going back into the lab (er studio).

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:08 am

Of course, now that I know you were just joking, that somehow diminishes the humor.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.