Stream of Stuff

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Re: Stream of Stuff

Post by geckzilla » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:37 pm

You shouldn't use colloidal silver, no matter what label it's given. For any reason. Ever.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:39 pm

geckzilla wrote:You shouldn't use colloidal silver, no matter what label it's given. For any reason. Ever.
Why :?:
To find the Truth, you must go Beyond.

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:43 pm

For the same reason you shouldn't put actual excretions from a bull in your body.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colloi ... er/AN01682

wonderboy
Commander
AKA: Paul

Post by wonderboy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:07 pm

geckzilla wrote:For the same reason you shouldn't put actual excretions from a bull in your body.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colloi ... er/AN01682
"...However, no sound scientific studies to evaluate these health claims have been published in reputable medical journals."

if no sound scientific studies have been done to show its benefits then where do they get the supposed information about its detriments from?
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark" Muhammad Ali, faster than the speed of light?

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:33 pm

Molecular biology.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:53 pm

geckzilla wrote:For the same reason you shouldn't put actual excretions from a bull in your body
That reminds me of this in the "From the -Can youbelieve that!- Files" (a bunch of threads down from this one)
--->http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/10/ ... p=trending

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:08 pm

Except that no one claims castoreum is some kind of panacea.

wonderboy
Commander
AKA: Paul

Post by wonderboy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:30 pm

geckzilla wrote:Except that no one claims castoreum is some kind of panacea.

What has the formation of our planets tectonic plates got to do with it
I kid I kid :P
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark" Muhammad Ali, faster than the speed of light?

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:34 pm

geckzilla wrote:You shouldn't use colloidal silver, no matter what label it's given. For any reason. Ever.
Actually, i almost agree a 100% with you. Silver, IF one is not allergic to it --which is rare-- is perfectly safe to use topically. Silver is even used in bandages in hospitals. I found that out from a registered RN who is also a trauma nurse. She had also never heard of anyone having an allergic reaction to bandages with silver in them.

But i would never suggest to anyone to consume any kind of colloidal silver that they can buy in a store. You can't tell the quality and it's pieces of silver is just too big to get into where it has to go, to be effective.

I use micro-colloidal silver water (which can't be bought anywhere). I manufacture it myself with a low-voltage machine that takes 3-hours to make a quart of 10ppm micro-colloidal silver water, in which the size of the silver ranges from a fraction of a micron, down to as small as .0008 microns. Regular colloidal silver water ranges from 5 to 20 microns, or even bigger, depending on the quality of the equipment.

Even though i don't have much of a need for it, i find that when i do, it works good.
Which reminds me, i gotta make up some more.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:40 pm

geckzilla wrote:Except that no one claims castoreum is some kind of panacea.
haha, after looking up panacea and finding out it basically means "cure-all", i would have to say that anyone that claims anything but -Death- is a panacea, is nut-so :?: :yes:

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:50 pm

Beyond wrote:I use micro-colloidal silver water (which can't be bought anywhere). I manufacture it myself with a low-voltage machine that takes 3-hours to make a quart of 10ppm micro-colloidal silver water, in which the size of the silver ranges from a fraction of a micron, down to as small as .0008 microns. Regular colloidal silver water ranges from 5 to 20 microns, or even bigger, depending on the quality of the equipment.

Even though i don't have much of a need for it, i find that when i do, it works good.
You've mentioned this before. Whatever positive effects you think you feel are purely placebo.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:26 pm

geckzilla wrote:
Beyond wrote:I use micro-colloidal silver water (which can't be bought anywhere). I manufacture it myself with a low-voltage machine that takes 3-hours to make a quart of 10ppm micro-colloidal silver water, in which the size of the silver ranges from a fraction of a micron, down to as small as .0008 microns. Regular colloidal silver water ranges from 5 to 20 microns, or even bigger, depending on the quality of the equipment.

You've mentioned this before. Whatever positive effects you think you feel are purely placebo.
Doctor geckzilla, I'm sure the cold germs that started to get rambunctious in my throat on occasion, if they could, would sue you for malpractice. They got to experience the "placebo" effect first hand, but alas, weren't around long enough to complain.:)))

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:33 pm

I'm not sure you understand what a placebo is. I'm willing to bet that if your throat were acting up and you gave someone else exacting instructions to make your mixture but with the catch that they randomly hand you either the real mixture as per your instructions or plain tap water that you would be unable to confirm whether you'd imbibed the colloidal silver or the plain tap water.

BMAONE23
Commentator Model 1.23

Post by BMAONE23 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:13 pm

Click to play embedded YouTube video.
A possible danger of colloidal silver consumption

Perhaps colloidal silver is a primary ingredient of Smurf Berries

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:27 pm

BMAONE23, you have received one infraction point on your record for failing to read the previous page of the thread. ;)

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:50 pm

geckzilla wrote:I'm not sure you understand what a placebo is. I'm willing to bet that if your throat were acting up and you gave someone else exacting instructions to make your mixture but with the catch that they randomly hand you either the real mixture as per your instructions or plain tap water that you would be unable to confirm whether you'd imbibed the colloidal silver or the plain tap water.
AHA :!: Gotcha on this one. I would be able to tell the difference immediately upon tasting. The micro-silver water is only made with steam distilled water, which has a smooth taste to it. My well water doesn't have that smooth taste. You should examine more carefully the things that you are "willing" to do. :yes:

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:56 pm

You're missing the point to the point of being an asshole, but fine. I'll alter my proposed experiment to you having to either drinking plain steam distilled water or drinking the steam distilled water with the colloidal silver.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:17 pm

geckzilla wrote:You're missing the point to the point of being an asshole, but fine. I'll alter my proposed experiment to you having to either drinking plain steam distilled water or drinking the steam distilled water with the colloidal silver.
tsk, tsk. Such language. Of course i could tell the difference. In the case of a cold, if i felt a cold coming on, I'd take 2 oz. of micro-silver water. If there was little to no change, in two or three hours, I'd take two more ounces. That usually does it.

When i first tried it, i didn't know if it was worth anything or not, but it worked good. It's already proved itself to me. It hasn't proved itself to you, because you've never used it. So your non-experience with it, has proposed a rather meaningless (to me) experiment that has no value, unless you were the one to catch a cold and do the experiment yourself and draw your own conclusion.

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:24 pm

Beyond wrote:tsk, tsk. Such language. Of course i could tell the difference. In the case of a cold, if i felt a cold coming on, I'd take 2 oz. of micro-silver water. If there was little to no change, in two or three hours, I'd take two more ounces. That usually does it.
Usually. That's a key word. I'd suggest you are guilty of a kind of selection bias here, amplifying the cases where you made an association with success, and ignoring the cases where you didn't.

And of course, placebos work, no doubt about it. Amazingly, they even work when you know they are placebos.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:45 pm

Chris Peterson wrote:
Beyond wrote:tsk, tsk. Such language. Of course i could tell the difference. In the case of a cold, if i felt a cold coming on, I'd take 2 oz. of micro-silver water. If there was little to no change, in two or three hours, I'd take two more ounces. That usually does it.
Usually. That's a key word. I'd suggest you are guilty of a kind of selection bias here, amplifying the cases where you made an association with success, and ignoring the cases where you didn't.

And of course, placebos work, no doubt about it. Amazingly, they even work when you know they are placebos.
I used the word usually, because one time i didn't catch it fast enough and it took a couple of days to get rid of it. My sinus' like to drip a lot, unless the weather is really dry, so the cold was able to 'sneak up' on me. Thus the term usually was used to be technically correct.

As for placebos, I've never been in any of those kinds of tests. Although I've tried a few different things that were guaranteed to work, but did absolutely nothing, like a placebo. However, the micro-silver water actually works for me. So far, i haven't had any cases of failure. Only one time of longer than 'normal' success.

And 'key words' can be very misleading if you don't find out why that particular word was used.

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:48 pm

The burden of proof does not lie with me. You are the one making the extraordinary claim.

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:48 pm

Beyond wrote:I used the word usually, because one time i didn't catch it fast enough and it took a couple of days to get rid of it. My sinus' like to drip a lot, unless the weather is really dry, so the cold was able to 'sneak up' on me. Thus the term usually was used to be technically correct.
Classic selection bias.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:50 pm

Beyond wrote:Although I've tried a few different things that were guaranteed to work, but did absolutely nothing, like a placebo.
That's the opposite of a placebo.

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:10 am

geckzilla wrote:The burden of proof does not lie with me. You are the one making the extraordinary claim.
It's not an extraordinary claim to me. And I'm not trying to prove it to you or anyone else. I'm just relating my experience that it works and it works better than anything that i have ever gotten from a doctor, which usually (there's that word again) only gave me a fuzzy feeling stomach. If that's bias... fine. It's not only a lot cheaper but works well for my needs thus far, and so i would also assume that it works well for other needs that i don't have, but others have, and they say it works well for them in their situation, which you would probably also come against, if they were to mention it to you. But it's not a problem for me, you guys are still fun :!: :yes:

Beyond
500 Gigaderps

Post by Beyond » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:21 am

Chris Peterson wrote:
Beyond wrote:I used the word usually, because one time i didn't catch it fast enough and it took a couple of days to get rid of it. My sinus' like to drip a lot, unless the weather is really dry, so the cold was able to 'sneak up' on me. Thus the term usually was used to be technically correct.
Classic selection bias.
Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "classic selection bias", but seeing as how I've never had a failure in eliminating a cold with it, how could there be any "selection bias"? Normally, (another key word?) i would ascribe "classic selection bias" to being city slicker talk, but you live out in the country up on a mountain, so i suppose I'd have to refer to it as high altitude effect.:)