That's what you'd expect a space agency... to say

The cosmos at our fingertips.
neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

That's what you'd expect a space agency... to say

Post by neufer » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:32 pm

http://www.sfgate.com/weird/article/NASA-No-we-don-t-have-child-slave-colonies-on-11259620.php wrote:
NASA: "No, we don't have child slave colonies on Mars"
By Mike Moffitt, SFGATE Published 1:51 pm, Friday, June 30, 2017

<<NASA denied that it has a child slave colony on Mars after a guest on Alex Jones' "Infowars" channel claimed that agency had kidnapped kids and sent them on a two-decade mission to the Red Planet. "There are no humans on Mars. There are active rovers on Mars. There was a rumor going around last week that there weren't. There are," Guy Webster, spokesman for Mars exploration at NASA, told The Daily Beast. "But there are no humans."

But of course that's what you'd expect a space agency with a secret interplanetary child slave operation to say, right, Fox Mulder?

Jones' guest Robert David Steele, whose Wikipedia page describes him as a former CIA clandestine services case officer, did not disappoint listeners tuning in Thursday to Infowars' 118 stations for their daily conspiracy theory fix. "We actually believe that there is a colony on Mars that is populated by children who were kidnapped and sent into space on a 20-year ride," he told Jones. "So that once they get to Mars they have no alternative but to be slaves on the Mars colony."

Besides providing the slave labor, children are also being harvested for their blood and bone marrow, Steele says.

While Jones said he didn't "know about Mars bases," he did take the opportunity to hype his own NASA theories. "Look, I know that 90 percent of the NASA missions are secret and I've been told by high level NASA engineers that you have no idea, there is so much stuff going on," he said. "But then it goes off into all that, that's the kind of thing media jumps on. But I know this: we see a bunch of mechanical wreckage on Mars and people say, 'Oh look, it looks like mechanics.' They go, 'Oh, you're a conspiracy theorist.' Clearly they don't want us looking into what is happening. Every time probes go over they turn them off.">>
Art Neuendorffer

rstevenson
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Re: That's what you'd expect a space agency... to say

Post by rstevenson » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:58 am

I prefer the good old days, when people who said crazy things were just ignored. Now they get agents who find them talking gigs on radio and TV. Some of them are even hosts of such shows.

Rob

neufer

Post by neufer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:14 pm

rstevenson wrote:
I prefer the good old days, when people who said crazy things were just ignored.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robinson_Crusoe wrote:
<<Robinson Crusoe is a novel by Daniel Defoe, first published on 25 April 1719. The first edition credited the work's protagonist Robinson Crusoe as its author, leading many readers to believe he was a real person and the book a travelogue of true incidents. Epistolary, confessional, and didactic in form, the book is presented as an autobiography of the title character (whose birth name is Robinson Kreutznaer)—a castaway who spends twenty-eight years on a remote tropical desert island near Trinidad, encountering cannibals, captives, and mutineers, before ultimately being rescued.>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulliver%27s_Travels wrote:
<<Gulliver's Travels begins with a short preamble in which Lemuel Gulliver gives a brief outline of his life and history before his voyages.>>
Art Neuendorffer

geckzilla
Ocular Digitator

Post by geckzilla » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:28 pm

rstevenson wrote:I prefer the good old days, when people who said crazy things were just ignored.
Come on, they had entire codes of laws based on crazy presumptions.
Just call me "geck" because "zilla" is like a last name.

neufer

Post by neufer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:16 pm

geckzilla wrote:
rstevenson wrote:
I prefer the good old days, when people who said crazy things were just ignored.

--------------------------------------------------
The Hunting of the Snark: Rule 42 of the Code, “No one shall speak to the Man at the Helm,” had been completed by the Bellman himself with the words “and the Man at the Helm shall speak to no one.

So remonstrance was impossible, and no steering could be done till the next varnishing day. During these bewildering intervals the ship usually sailed backwards.
At this moment the King, who had been for some time busily writing in his note-book, cackled out “Silence!” and read out from his book, “Rule Forty-two. All persons more than a mile high to leave the court.

Everybody looked at Alice.

I'm not a mile high,” said Alice.

You are,” said the King.

Nearly two miles high,” added the Queen.

Well, I shan't go, at any rate,” said Alice:
besides, that's not a regular rule: you invented it just now.

It's the oldest rule in the book,” said the King.

Then it ought to be Number One,” said Alice.
<<The White Queen announces her age as “one hundred and one, five months and a day”, which—if the best possible date is assumed for the action of Through the Looking-Glass—gives a total of 37,044 days. If the Red Queen, as part of the same chess set, is regarded as the same age, their combined age is 74,088 days, or 42 × 42 × 42.>>
Art Neuendorffer

neufer

Codes of laws based on crazy presumptions

Post by neufer » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:00 pm

http://oeis.org/A057680 wrote:
Click to play embedded YouTube video.
Self-locating strings within Pi: numbers n such that the string n is at position n (after the decimal point) in decimal digits of Pi.

Code: Select all

n 		a(n)

1		1
2		16470
3		44899
4		79873884
5		711939213
6		36541622473
7		45677255610
8		62644957128
9		656430109694
http://oeis.org/A064810

Self-locating strings in Pi using zero-based indexing.

Code: Select all

n 		a(n)

1		6
2		27
3		13598
4		43611
5		24643510
6		71683711
7		78714901
8		268561754
9		4261759184
https://www.angio.net/pi/ wrote:
The numeric string ..4242420.. first
occurs at position # 0242424 of the digits of pi.

https://www.angio.net/pi/
neufer wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:16 pm
geckzilla wrote:
rstevenson wrote:

The Hunting of the Snark: Rule 42 of the Code, “No one shall speak to the Man at the Helm,” had been completed by the Bellman himself with the words “and the Man at the Helm shall speak to no one.

So remonstrance was impossible, and no steering could be done till the next varnishing day. During these bewildering intervals the ship usually sailed backwards.
At this moment the King, who had been for some time busily writing in his note-book, cackled out “Silence!” and read out from his book, “Rule Forty-two. All persons more than a mile high to leave the court.

Everybody looked at Alice.

I'm not a mile high,” said Alice.

You are,” said the King.

Nearly two miles high,” added the Queen.

Well, I shan't go, at any rate,” said Alice:
besides, that's not a regular rule: you invented it just now.

It's the oldest rule in the book,” said the King.

Then it ought to be Number One,” said Alice.
<<The White Queen announces her age as “one hundred and one, five months and a day”, which—if the best possible date is assumed for the action of Through the Looking-Glass—gives a total of 37,044 days. If the Red Queen, as part of the same chess set, is regarded as the same age, their combined age is 74,088 days, or 42 × 42 × 42.>>
Art Neuendorffer