Black holes as architects of reality

The cosmos at our fingertips.
JohnD
Tea Time, Guv! Cheerio!

Black holes as architects of reality

Post by JohnD » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:40 pm

Just read an online article:
https://www.resonancescience.org/blog/A ... H9qKVPZGAM

This notes that supermassive BHs have been observed at the edge of the visible Universe, ie 13 billion years ago, allegedly before such very large objects could have formed. Ok, that's interesting, always good to find something that challenges accepted theory.

But then the article goes on to suggest that BHs formed before galaxies, that smaller BHs are at the core of all stars, and that protons are primordial BHs, not evaporating a la Hawking because they ae not travelling at light speed (?? They lost me there - in fact I was lost a long way back!) Even, they say that reality is only there because of BHs, "that structures from elementary particles to galaxies and the universe itself are the result of infinitely curved spacetime geometries, popularly known as black holes."

The writers threw in respectable references and some (unknown to me, but presumably also respectable) cosmologists' names, Harumein, Natarajan, but they are also way beyond my level. May we have some comment about this, please? Serious challenge to accepted cosmology, or wild supposition and hand waving?

JOhn

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Re: Black holes as architects of reality

Post by Chris Peterson » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:08 pm

JohnD wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:40 pm Just read an online article:
https://www.resonancescience.org/blog/A ... H9qKVPZGAM

This notes that supermassive BHs have been observed at the edge of the visible Universe, ie 13 billion years ago, allegedly before such very large objects could have formed. Ok, that's interesting, always good to find something that challenges accepted theory.

But then the article goes on to suggest that BHs formed before galaxies, that smaller BHs are at the core of all stars, and that protons are primordial BHs, not evaporating a la Hawking because they ae not travelling at light speed (?? They lost me there - in fact I was lost a long way back!) Even, they say that reality is only there because of BHs, "that structures from elementary particles to galaxies and the universe itself are the result of infinitely curved spacetime geometries, popularly known as black holes."

The writers threw in respectable references and some (unknown to me, but presumably also respectable) cosmologists' names, Harumein, Natarajan, but they are also way beyond my level. May we have some comment about this, please? Serious challenge to accepted cosmology, or wild supposition and hand waving?

JOhn
You realize that you're referencing a flake pseudoscience site of the highest order?
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:12 am

JohnD wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:40 pm

JOhn
I googled the first name you mentioned, Harumein, and then I added "science papers". So, Harumein science papers.

I got nothing. No, not quite nothing, because I got one paper, CD36 is expressed in a defined subpopulation of neurons in the olfactory epithelium, which has to do with how our sense of smell works (I think), and one of the authors was Maíra Harume Nagai. Not Harumein, but Harume.

I would say that Harumein is a little respected cosmologist or astrophysicist, if he exists.

I'll leave the googling of Natarajan to you. :wink:

Ann
Color Commentator

JohnD
Tea Time, Guv! Cheerio!

Post by JohnD » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:36 pm

Thank you, Chris and Ann!

By 'respectable', I know of "Scientific American" and it says that Priyamvada Natarajan is a professor in the departments of Astronomy and Physics at Yale University, "noted for her work in mapping dark matter and dark energy", who wrote the SA article referred to. But I'm not a subscriber and can't read it.
And Harumein? He has at least 30 hits on Google Scholar, including "Resolving the Vacuum Catastrophe: A Generalized Holographic Approach" https://www.scirp.org/journal/home.aspx ... 2126#91083 He is "Director of Research" at the Hawaii Instiute for Unified Physics, a prestigious sounding job and organisation.

So much of modern cosmology sounds like fake science. I mean, 'dark matter' we cannot detect and 'dark energy' that we cannot begin to explain. Almost anything becomes possible!
John

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:55 pm

Rational Wiki wrote:Nassim Haramein is a Swiss amateur physicist. Haramein claims to have developed, in collaboration with academic-but-fringe physicist Elizabeth Rauscher, a unified field theory that he calls the Haramein-Rauscher Metric. According to Haramein, this "metric" is a new solution to Einstein's field equations that incorporates torque and coriolis effects. He is also the founder of the Hawaii Institute for Unified Physics and the Resonance Project, a website and foundation addressing his unified physics. ...

Haramein has an extensive list of publications ... in predatory open-access journals who will run anything if you pay them to. ...
Know the quiet place within your heart and touch the rainbow of possibility; be
alive to the gentle breeze of communication, and please stop being such a jerk.
— Garrison Keillor

JohnD
Tea Time, Guv! Cheerio!

Post by JohnD » Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:45 pm

Ah, and thank you, bystander! The "Rational Wiki" is also new to me! Its appreciation of Harumein is devastating in its understatement, and clearly his "Schwartzchild proton" theory is as new as it is rational. Back to 'dark matter' then, as if we knew what it is...

Learn something every day - Sophocles, or somebody from then!
John