What is this

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
Debbee1121
Asternaut

What is this

Post by Debbee1121 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:37 am

I have a couple of pictures that I think is a comet during the eclipse. I don’t know how to insert them though. Image

Ann
4725 Å

Re: What is this

Post by Ann » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:07 am

Debbee1121 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:37 am I have a couple of pictures that I think is a comet during the eclipse. I don’t know how to insert them though. Image
There was a comet seen during the eclipse. It was a Sun-grazing comet. The comet Pons-Brooks was also seen, but farther away from the eclipsed Sun. The Sun-grazing comet is in the picture below, but Pons-Brooks is not.

As to how you should post your image, go to this page to find instructions.

I don't take pictures of objects in space, but I post other pictures sometimes. If I want to post one of them at Starship Asterisk*, I upload my mobile phone image to my computer, where I also give it a name. When I want to post it at Starship Asterisk*, I click "Attachments". You find "Attachments" below the "reply box" where you write your post. Search for "Attachments" at lower left. When you have found it, click it.

When you click "Attachments", you will see the words "Add files" appear a little below "Attachments". Click "Add files". Now your own files, the ones you have uploaded, should appear. You choose the file with the picture that you want to post, and double-click it.

Now another box appears. The most important thing is to wait for "Place inline" to appear. Click it, and then your picture will become attached to your post. If you add just one attachment to your post, the file you want to attach - your picture - will automatically go to the right place. It will look like this: [attachment]Your file[/attachment]

If you make more than one attachment, the picture will appear either at the top or the bottom of your post. We are allowed only three attachments per post.

NOTE!!! You can't do this unless you have made at least 10 posts to Starship Asterisk*. You are NOT allowed to make 10 fast posts about "nothing", just so that you will be allowed to post your image. Instead, you should message Geckzilla. You can find the contact information to Geckzilla here. You can probably also message bystander.

Good luck!

Ann
Color Commentator

Zenonion0
Asternaut

Re: What is this

Post by Zenonion0 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:05 am

Comets are quite common in space, we don't usually get to see them during the day and night, because we don't observe the sky for hours every day, we just got lucky that a good chunk of earth's population from a good chucnk of the world was observing the sky in one moment so we got to see this eclipse with multiple space-events like this comet