No further complaints

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
PaulM
Ensign

No further complaints

Post by PaulM » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:53 pm

I just want to say that recent pictures of the day have been truly excellent. Today's close-up of NGC 253 is superb. Thank you :-)

Paul

jesusfreak16
Ensign

Post by jesusfreak16 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:27 pm

Yeah,it's pretty cool. 8)
T.T.F.N. (Ta Ta For Now!)

apodman
Teapot Fancier (MIA)

Post by apodman » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:33 pm

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap081002.html
PaulM wrote:Today's close-up of NGC 253 is superb.
jesusfreak16 wrote:Yeah,it's pretty cool.
And it ain't got no birds in it. :( :)

Doum
A personalized rank.

Post by Doum » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:10 am

yea great picture. It make me want to buy a planet overthere for retirement. Tho, i still like bird. In a plate and cook tho. :wink: :lol: :roll:

Doum
A personalized rank.

Post by Doum » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:14 am

It was a respect joke PaulM. I am very happy to see you are still in this forum. Keep up in here. You are welcome. Enjoy the place. :wink:

apodman
Teapot Fancier (MIA)

Post by apodman » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:11 am

Doum wrote:yea great picture. It make me want to buy a planet overthere for retirement.
Resort hotels airbrush out the tacky competition next door when preparing their promotional photo postcards. After you pay and arrive, you see the real neighborhood. Think dark matter. What are they trying to hide?

PaulM
Ensign

Post by PaulM » Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:37 am

No worries, Doum. My sense of humor will always remain intact 8)

Gosfrei
Asternaut

Post by Gosfrei » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:07 pm

apodman wrote:
Doum wrote:yea great picture. It make me want to buy a planet overthere for retirement.
Resort hotels airbrush out the tacky competition next door when preparing their promotional photo postcards. After you pay and arrive, you see the real neighborhood. Think dark matter. What are they trying to hide?
Greetings:

My Beloved suggests that maybe they're hiding a flat, disc-shaped world, being supported by four elephants on top of a giant turtle.

My Beloved has a vivid imagination, and a great sense of humour, but she has no respect at all for beautiful images of the sky and its contents.

PaulM
Ensign

Post by PaulM » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:31 pm

What the hell!

apodman
Teapot Fancier (MIA)

Post by apodman » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:22 pm

If a thread were linear, we would just call it a line and there would be no need for the idea of a thread.

Tilt
Ensign

Post by Tilt » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:57 pm

"It's no use, Mister. It's turtles all the way down..."

apodman
Teapot Fancier (MIA)

Post by apodman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:16 am

Fear the turtle.

Turtle comes swimming across the watering hole. Elephant smacks it with his trunk. Lion asks why. Elephant claims same turtle bit him many years ago. Lion questions elephant's memory but elephant claims to have "turtle recall".

---
Tilt wrote:"It's no use, Mister. It's turtles all the way down..."
http://watchingthewatchers.org/news/139 ... ts-turtles

A noted scientist goes to a backwater village to give a talk to the locals. The town's library is filled to capacity, and the scientist describes the basic laws of the universe as the audience listens intently. As the scientist gets to the theory of gravity, and how this keeps the planets and other bodies in place, a stout woman in the front row nods shakes her head back and forth disapprovingly. Unable to continue with this woman so obviously disagreeing, the scientist stops his talk and speaks to the woman:
"Madam, you obviously disagree with me. May I ask on what grounds?

The woman sighs and says loudly, "Everybody knows the earth rests on the back of a giant turtle."

The scientist chuckles and says "but on what does that turtle rest?"

"On another turtle," the woman answers confidently. The scientist shakes his head in annoyance and says, "But madam, on what does that turtle rest."

Another turtle," the woman says.

"But madam," the scientists starts again, only to be interrupted by the woman who confidently says "It's no use Mister, it's turtles all the way down."

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:55 pm

apodman wrote:
http://watchingthewatchers.org/news/139 ... ts-turtles

A noted scientist goes to a backwater village to give a talk to the locals. The town's library is filled to capacity, and the scientist describes the basic laws of the universe as the audience listens intently. As the scientist gets to the theory of gravity, and how this keeps the planets and other bodies in place, a stout woman in the front row nods shakes her head back and forth disapprovingly. Unable to continue with this woman so obviously disagreeing, the scientist stops his talk and speaks to the woman:
"Madam, you obviously disagree with me. May I ask on what grounds?

The woman sighs and says loudly, "Everybody knows the earth rests on the back of a giant turtle."

The scientist chuckles and says "but on what does that turtle rest?"

"On another turtle," the woman answers confidently. The scientist shakes his head in annoyance and says, "But madam, on what does that turtle rest."

Another turtle," the woman says.

"But madam," the scientists starts again, only to be interrupted by the woman who confidently says "It's no use Mister, it's turtles all the way down."
Thanks.