Buying a telescope

See new, spectacular, or mysterious sky images.
dreamchaser
Asternaut

Buying a telescope

Post by dreamchaser » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:33 pm

I want to look at buying another telescope. I have a 5 inch Maksutov cassegrain. But I want to look at getting a bigger scope sometime. Im living in Ireland, and as such buying any kind of scope directly from a shop here will be expensive. So I will look online for a good scope. Has anyone bought a scope online? Id like to know where is the best site to buy a scope, and accesories like an adapter for astrophotography, a star drive for tracking, and possibly even a site where I could buy a good DSLR camera.

Thank you....

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Re: Buying a telescope

Post by neufer » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:47 pm

dreamchaser wrote:I want to look at buying another telescope. I have a 5 inch Maksutov cassegrain. But I want to look at getting a bigger scope sometime. Im living in Ireland, and as such buying any kind of scope directly from a shop here will be expensive. So I will look online for a good scope. Has anyone bought a scope online? Id like to know where is the best site to buy a scope, and accesories like an adapter for astrophotography, a star drive for tracking, and possibly even a site where I could buy a good DSLR camera.
neufer wrote:Add to Cart
Art Neuendorffer