NYT: Debunkers of Fictions Sift the Net

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
RJN
Baffled Boffin

NYT: Debunkers of Fictions Sift the Net

Post by RJN » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:21 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/05/techn ... nopes.html
Along with the freest access to knowledge the world has ever seen comes a staggering amount of untruth... David and Barbara Mikkelson are among those trying to clean the cesspool. The unassuming California couple run Snopes, one of the most popular fact-checking destinations on the Web.

wonderboy
Commander
AKA: Paul

Re: NYT: Debunkers of Fictions Sift the Net

Post by wonderboy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:38 pm

I sat and wasted a full day of work reading this. the biggest laugh i got was about a game of football (soccer) which took place between barbados and grenada. Barbados were winning 2-1 but needed to win by two clear goals. but due to a daft rule, if the game finished a draw barbados would have gone through as 2-0 winners if they beat grenada in penalties. so barbados scored an own goal when they realised they probably wouldnt get another goal. the game ended with each team trying to stop the other team from scoring own goals. The goal keepers were picking up the ball and trying to throw it in their own net through a sea of opposition players hahahah im in tears writing this lol.
"I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and was in bed before the room was dark" Muhammad Ali, faster than the speed of light?