A couple of questions

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
Analog6
Asternaut

A couple of questions

Post by Analog6 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:30 pm

After many years of using APOD I saw a link to a poll on Is APOD a blog? and found this site! Where have you been hiding it?

I have a question on the User Control Panel that I could not see answered in the rules. I was unable to add a signature or Avatar, do these functions become available after a certain number of posts or are they permanently disabled?

My main interest is photography from earth of the sky and eclipses, but I greatly enjoy all the aspects of APOD and hopefully this site. I grew up in the country and have always loved the night skies. Some of you may know me from other sites, I use the same user name on them all.

Cheers from Oz

Odille

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Re: A couple of questions

Post by bystander » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:35 pm

Those features are enable after a certain number of posts. If you have not yet read the rules, check them out.

Welcome to the Asterisk*

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Post by owlice » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:46 pm

Odille, welcome!

The Asterisk is available from all APODs by clicking the "Discuss" link in the links line below "Tomorrow's picture." I think after first finding APOD, a lot of people don't even notice those links any more, so miss coming here!

Owl
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Analog6
Asternaut

Post by Analog6 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:35 pm

I certainly hadn't used them, owl. This looks to be a very interesting forum.

And bystander, as I said in the original post, I did read the rules, I could not see where they say anything about WHEN certain features are enabled, only the mention of different levels as you make more posts.

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:41 pm

owlice wrote:Odille, welcome!

The Asterisk is available from all APODs by clicking the "Discuss" link in the links line below "Tomorrow's picture."
Unless it is Su, M, or Tu (or in a month without an "R") in which case click on the "Comments" link.

Art
There once was a poster named...