Astronomy's Best Kept Secret

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
The Code
2+2=5
AKA: Swainy

Post by The Code » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:24 pm

Click to play embedded YouTube video.
Huh, Run that past me again.

You missed a few letters out of your equations . Here they are.

Wikipedia: Hubble's law
Always trying to find the answers

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Re: Astronomy's Best Kept Secret

Post by bystander » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:02 pm

The age of the Universe is twice the standard estimate
:? :?: :roll:

alter-ego
Serendipitous Sleuthhound

Post by alter-ego » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:00 am

The paper and video is bogus and not close to consistent with GR. In fact, if "Physics 101" was all that's required (video) then GR is wrong. I say that because GR does not predict Allen's simple result. To think that a simple Newtonian integral over (all) time applies to a proven space-time environment insults my intelligence, and that's hard to do!

Although GR is likely not complete, it's held up to every test so far, and is still standing while competitors are buckling... There's more to say to debunk this "physics essay", but it's probably not worth anybody's time.
A pessimist is nothing more than an experienced optimist

The Code
2+2=5
AKA: Swainy

Post by The Code » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:16 pm

alter-ego wrote:The paper and video is bogus and not close to consistent with GR. In fact, if "Physics 101" was all that's required (video) then GR is wrong. I say that because GR does not predict Allen's simple result. To think that a simple Newtonian integral over (all) time applies to a proven space-time environment insults my intelligence, and that's hard to do!

And then there was this:
Click to play embedded YouTube video.
Mark

ouroboros3712's Channel: Time Doesn't Exist
ouroboros3712 wrote:When Giordano Bruno proclaimed that the sun is at the center of the solar system and that the universe was infinite, he was burned at the stake as a heretic by the Roman Inquisition. The new inquisition is the "scientific" establishment and Their Big Bang theory is nothing more than religion disguised as science. It was proposed by a catholic priest named Georges Lemaitre and he based this theory off of his interpretation of the Biblical creation myth. But the priesthood of the Bang has no actual evidence to support their theory. There's no reason to think that the universe ever had a beginning, it is infinite and has always existed. Matter can not be created or destroyed
Always trying to find the answers

alter-ego
Serendipitous Sleuthhound

Post by alter-ego » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:12 am

mark swain wrote: And then there was this:
http://iopscience.iop.org/1538-4357/636 ... 79.web.pdf

Sorry, no video. We have now found Blazars, maybe there are a few of these lurking out there too :?:

AE
A pessimist is nothing more than an experienced optimist