No picture from Copenhagen Suborbitals?

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
Jensooo
Asternaut

No picture from Copenhagen Suborbitals?

Post by Jensooo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:31 am

I am a bit disappointed that there has been no APOD picture from Copenhagen Suborbitals.

They are 2 guys that are privately building a rocket to take one man to space. They are doing this for a little budget of around 50.000 euros and a some manpower from a few volunteers. They do know what they are doing, one has previously worked with nasa, and it is a serious project.

They were about to do their first full size test launch with a dummy just last week. It didn't go up due to a frozen valve though. However, I think it would have been a good time to post a picture that has to do with it. I don't know if this project is famous in the rest of the world at all, but a picture of their rocket, launch platform or something would be perfect for an APOD picture, since this project should interest the people here.

http://www.copenhagensuborbitals.com/

Just on the front page there are a few candidates for an APOD. You might also notice the submarine, which is build by one of the two guys behind the project. They now use the submarine to move the platform.

I have no affiliation with Copenhagen Suborbitals. I am just one who follows it.

bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Re: No picture from Copenhagen Suborbitals?

Post by bystander » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:47 am

I've also been following this endeavor in the news. Although it is indeed interesting, until they have a successful launch and recovery I don't think it is quite deserving of an APOD. I wish them well.

http://asterisk.apod.com/vie ... 31&t=20969

Jensooo
Asternaut

Re: No picture from Copenhagen Suborbitals?

Post by Jensooo » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Maybe so, although compared to a few other pictures I have seen on APOD, sometimes not even really astronomy related, I thought i might deserve a spot some day.

Anyway, I emailed the editors, just so they at least do know about the project.

Thanks for the link.