Shape of the Universe with One Common Center of Mass

Ask questions, find resources, browse the virtual shelves.
ErnieM
Science Officer

Shape of the Universe with One Common Center of Mass

Post by ErnieM » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:56 pm

Clumps of matter (visible and dark) in space, from the earth and moon to all the super galaxy clusters (at least two super super clusters), are proven to be bound by forces (known and unknown) and are orbiting one another in their common center of mass. The observed red shifting of visible matter indicates, confirms if you like, only the linear movement of the (by cosmic standard) smaller clumps of matter. I imagine such orbit will be enormous and to complete even one revolution is almost unthinkable by present earthling standards. However, from the earth's vantage point it is believed that the expansion of the known universe is accelerating. How flat is the whole (known and unknown) universe?

I often wonder how the shape of a firecracker exploding in the vacuum of space will look like. I imagine it not to be the umbrella shape we often (but not always) see here on earth, the shape most often used to the depict the cosmos from the big bang.

In somewhat the same fashion as the LHC, is it inconceivable for galactic size super dense dark matter (at least two) moving at "speed close to the speed of light" in a common orbit collided precipitating the big bang?

Can I prove it with a unifying equation? No, I can’t. I can only imagine it provable, not impossible and that someone, now alive or in the future, can.

Now one would ask, before this big bang, what constitute dark matter and where did they come from? The pursuit to the answer is the next challenge to future uniphysicists (as the evolutionary path for present day astrophysicists).