2%
90-116
0%

Total votes: 4591

RJN
Baffled Boffin

APOD assessment poll #9

Post by RJN » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:22 am

Thank you very much for your interest in Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD). We very much appreciate the time you have given us viewing our images and reading the explanations; your dedication drives us to keep doing the site. APOD will likely be asking other questions in the near future; your responses will help us better understand viewers like you, and will allow us to improve what we do for you.

Please select the answer that best gives the present decade of your age. Please leave any comments you may have on this topic below.

Thank you!

peter solomon

Re: APOD assessment poll #9

Post by peter solomon » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:09 am

My favorite site, never miss a day!

caf

Post by caf » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:28 am

When I retire, I'm going to take an astronomy course so I can begin to understand some of these explanations.
Love this site.

R R Murkute

Post by R R Murkute » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:54 am

One of the simple but informative web site about astronomy. I have learnt more about astronomy by reading the posts on Asterisk.
Rajan Murkute wrote:Thank you very much for your interest in Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD). We very much appreciate the time you have given us viewing our images and reading the explanations; your dedication drives us to keep doing the site. APOD will likely be asking other questions in the near future; your responses will help us better understand viewers like you, and will allow us to improve what we do for you.

Please select the answer that best gives the present decade of your age. Please leave any comments you may have on this topic below.

Thank you!

Phil W

Post by Phil W » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:29 am

RJN wrote:Thank you very much for your interest in Astronomy Picture of the Day (APOD). We very much appreciate the time you have given us viewing our images and reading the explanations; your dedication drives us to keep doing the site. APOD will likely be asking other questions in the near future; your responses will help us better understand viewers like you, and will allow us to improve what we do for you.

Thank you!
1 of the Favourites in my browser. Sometimes the photos and discussion are only fantastic. Mostly they are better than that. My grandchildren are excited by APOD as well.

elizabeth sasse

Post by elizabeth sasse » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:44 am

I have a look at the APOD first thing I do every morning. I have done an astronomy course so this site re- inforces what I learnt. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Martha

Post by Martha » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:56 am

Thank you; I never miss a day. My field is literature but I have taken several astronomy courses and find contemplating the universe a sublime experience. Knowing something of the science helps ground the awe.

Zonthar

Post by Zonthar » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:05 am

Heh when my girlfriend wakes up first and gets on the computer i come up behind her and gently whisper that "awww but i haven't checked the apod of the day today" and she knows i mean business :)

rr_carroll
Ensign

Post by rr_carroll » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:10 am

Since I enjoy the feeling of jaw-dropping astonishment, I look at all the images. Not every day, but there's a special pleasure from having 3 or 4 on the stack, and going through them all. It's like a meal made of desserts.

Today's wonderful Vesta image got a loud "Oh!" out of me. Id like to see that image backed up by a state of appropriate size, to give the sense of a small world with a lot of exploration available.

Tomo

Post by Tomo » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:16 am

APOD is a wonderful site, like many others it's my first stop each day. Great narrative and the off site links are well researched and always worth a visit. Thank you...

YHWH REAL CREATOR

Post by YHWH REAL CREATOR » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:51 am

Thanks for the fasinating photos and text support, one of the more worthwhile websites to view that is truly educational.

PaulStevens

Post by PaulStevens » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:39 am

APOD is so life affirming. I keep the link to it on my desktop and view the picture first thing every day. It always leads to other avenues of interest and exploration. All my children and use APOD and I hope their children in turn will use it.

I cannot say thanks enough. Please do keep up this wonderful work.

Thanks. Paul

David9999

Post by David9999 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:13 am

Never miss a day. Love the site. Put the mobile apron my android phone, iPad, iPod and when I get a Surface, it'll be there too. Fantastic site, info at all levels.......

GazeboGal

Post by GazeboGal » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:31 am

Add 2 votes to the teen decade, as my kids always look at my screen as they're rushing around getting ready for school.

Frosty Top

Post by Frosty Top » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:38 am

I start my day with APOD every day. Thanks for a wonderful window on the universe. It never fails to fascinate and educate.

daniel rodrigues

Post by daniel rodrigues » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:40 am

A very good scientific site. I visit APOD from the first day.

APOD belongs now to the World

Thank you

nickles2u

Post by nickles2u » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:54 am

I'm wondering if the large percentage of viewers in the 50-69 age range is due to the fact the we grew up with the space race and consequently have a greater interest in astronomy than those in other age groups.

Vinicius Gonçalves

Post by Vinicius Gonçalves » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:20 am

Agree with Daniel Rodrigues: visit APOD since the first day in June, 16, 1995. Regards.

neufer
Vacationer at Tralfamadore

Post by neufer » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:20 am

nickles2u wrote:
I'm wondering if the large percentage of viewers in the 50-69 age range is due to the fact the we grew up with the space race and consequently have a greater interest in astronomy than those in other age groups.
We are also better able to keep our wits about us when we hear about APOD at a Justin Bieber concert.
Art Neuendorffer

Belteros

Post by Belteros » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:30 am

Thank you APOD. Astronomy Picture of the Day has been my home page for over 15 years... not since day 1 but darn close to it. I was reading APOD before I had children and now my children are reading the captions and checking out the pictures before they surf on their merry way. Here's to many more years; Cheers (cling).

The Morrigan's Pet

Post by The Morrigan's Pet » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:31 am

APOD displayed on my laptop at Reagan National drew the attention of Lynda Carter. Hell yes I love APOD.

pbchu

Post by pbchu » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:45 am

It's funny to "vote" for my age. THAT would be a nifty feature in life!
When I want to gain a better perspective on life in general, I click on APOD.
Thanks for keeping it up and running.

iteachhair

Post by iteachhair » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:47 am

LOVE this site! I show my students every day! :D

SheilaC

Post by SheilaC » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:50 am

Fascinating! Even when I can't understand it.

bbb

Post by bbb » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:02 pm

I am curious as to why the numbers are what they are. Is it that youth simply have no time for online polls?
Or is my generation better educated?