APOD assessment poll #10

Introductions, Rules, Announcements, and Feedback

Where are you when you usually view APOD?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Home
66%
School
2%
Work
30%
Traveling
0%
Under a car, hiding from the police
1%
Other (if you would, please explain below)
1%

Total votes: 2083

brillodelsol

Re: APOD assessment poll #10

Post by brillodelsol » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:49 pm

Been viewing since i think 1995/1996? Great work and thanks, a daily meditation for me at work or home or on the road.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:05 pm

I need APOD in the morning the same way I need my coffee.

chuckvw

Post by chuckvw » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:10 pm

APOD is one of my two homepages. I frequently change the background on my desktop - so many breathtaking images! I wish it was a bit easier to share particular images on facebook and twitter. Thanks so much for providing a daily dose of wonder!

Thermium

Post by Thermium » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:10 pm

When I'm working, I usually view APOD there. I'm unemployed right now, so I view it at home. I read an article yesterday that said 700 people had applied for a single job. I'm one of those people, and I'm right in the middle of my career. I'm getting beat by more experienced people, and I shouldn't have to work for peanuts like an intern. Go figure.

Mimi

Post by Mimi » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:21 pm

Open my day with APOD - and use images that work for hand-made greeting cards. E.g. the Iris Nebula photo recently decorated a birthday greeting to - of course, Iris. Probably owe my view of astronomy as art to the Chesley Bonestell paintings in NY's Hayden Planetarium when I was a child in the 1940s.

vabs683

Post by vabs683 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Everyday I visit the site. The pictures are wonderful and the explanations improves the knowledge about the astronomy. Thanks to the APOD and team.

wibbic

Post by wibbic » Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:01 am

I LOVE my Android app from APOD that changes my wallpaper each day. That's where I usually see the APOD, but sometimes I need to see it on a bigger screen, so that's when I pull it up at work. I have the APOD website RSS displayed on my bookmark bar (using IE8), so it's real quick to deploy. Thanks for your service, my family appreciates all the beautiful pictures of God's creation!

kevin wood

Post by kevin wood » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:40 am

This stuff is great, that's all.[*]

DvandenHonert

Post by DvandenHonert » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:35 am

:D APOD is the last thing I do before I go to bed at night. It makes my day complete. Gorgeous. I am getting tired of hearing myself say WOW every time it comes on! But I do it, anyhow. Thanks

jiharmer

Post by jiharmer » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:48 am

Underneath your car isn't really a good place to hide from the police.
Trust me on this.

Chuckee

Post by Chuckee » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:35 am

With time differences it is between 2pm and 4pm when you release the images in Australia. I have seen every one, read every explanation at the first opportunity every day.

Copyeditor

Post by Copyeditor » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Home and workplace are the same. APOD is hands-down my favorite site for a refreshing, nonstupid break. It's a beautiful thing that enriches the days. That new images go up seven days a week is a special lagniappe, since I work 14 to 18 hours a day, seven days a week. Some may think of it as "gee-whiz science," but...we all need a little gee whiz in our lives.

apod_lover
Asternaut

Post by apod_lover » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:05 pm

APOD is the first thing I see when I turn on my computer. The pictures usually are literally "Out-of-the-World" and I'm grateful that NASA maintains this site. Thank you. Since sitting through numerous showings of the IMAX movie "Hubble" (I volunteer at a science center) I am particular fond of anything that has to do with the HST.

Merry Kettledrum

Post by Merry Kettledrum » Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:26 pm

I check the website every day, at work and at home. Like Ploate, nice pictures become my wallpaper. I save many of them in a folder called 'starpix' which is the source for my screensaver.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:15 pm

i am nearly always at the office, in the middle of some work-related and unpleasant triviality, when apod hits my inbox... providing the perfect dose of perspective to (ironically) bring me back to earth. **please don't change it!!**

merrymargaret
Asternaut

Post by merrymargaret » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:11 pm

abc wrote:I think APOD is great and I turned it into my browser home page, so every morning I start with a new picture.

All the best,

Yosef
What a great idea!! :D