Forget a password lately?

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
orin stepanek
Plutopian

Forget a password lately?

Post by orin stepanek » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:12 pm

Did you ever have a problem trying to get into a website; only to have gotten your password? So you have to go to redoing your password! OK fine but you haven't been there for a long time! So you have to answer like what is your favorite song! I have a lot of favorite songs; can't remember what I put down a millennium ago! Think they'll ask you a different question? :bang: I finally had to go to my server to help me out; and that took some doing? God Bless Passwords; & thanks for letting me blow off some steam! :b:
Orin

Smile today; tomorrow's another day!

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Re: Forget a password lately?

Post by Chris Peterson » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:28 pm

orin stepanek wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:12 pm Did you ever have a problem trying to get into a website; only to have gotten your password? So you have to go to redoing your password! OK fine but you haven't been there for a long time! So you have to answer like what is your favorite song! I have a lot of favorite songs; can't remember what I put down a millennium ago! Think they'll ask you a different question? :bang: I finally had to go to my server to help me out; and that took some doing? God Bless Passwords; & thanks for letting me blow off some steam! :b:
Have you tried using a password manager? Any password you can remember is likely a bad password.
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:39 pm

Chris Peterson wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:28 pm
orin stepanek wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:12 pm Did you ever have a problem trying to get into a website; only to have gotten your password? So you have to go to redoing your password! OK fine but you haven't been there for a long time! So you have to answer like what is your favorite song! I have a lot of favorite songs; can't remember what I put down a millennium ago! Think they'll ask you a different question? :bang: I finally had to go to my server to help me out; and that took some doing? God Bless Passwords; & thanks for letting me blow off some steam! :b:
Have you tried using a password manager? Any password you can remember is likely a bad password.
Orin

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:42 pm

This password was so old that at the time i didn't have that! It was one of those places that I haven't used for a long time!
Orin

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:48 pm

orin stepanek wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:42 pm This password was so old that at the time i didn't have that! It was one of those places that I haven't used for a long time!
It happens. Glad you got it off your chest!
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com