Dislocated Knee (No Images)

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
Joseph Hedhli Buell
Ensign
AKA: يوسف هذلي

Dislocated Knee (No Images)

Post by Joseph Hedhli Buell » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:56 pm

On the eighth of this month, I dislocated my right knee. I was hitting a tennis ball against a long wall with a ping-pong paddle when I tried to run along the wall, sideways, when I stepped a bit to hard on my right leg. With an audible scrape and pop, I had dislocated my right kneecap. Paramedics came quickly at 10:03, and it was put back in place, but still it feels kind of weird. I can bend my knee, though it feels slightly tight. The picture for that day is the Moon with inverted colors, which is a pretty accurate representation of my round, swollen knee, and the picture from 3/8/18 and 3/8/20 pretty much sum up how it felt. I am in a leg brace and on crutches. I should be fully functional by the twenty-third.

3/8/22:
https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap220308.html

3/8/18:
https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap180308.html

3/8/20:
https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap200308.html

Code: Select all

print("Joseph Hedhli Buell")

Joseph Hedhli Buell
Ensign

Re: Dislocated Knee (No Images)

Post by Joseph Hedhli Buell » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:07 pm

Based on the amount of views, and despite the lack of replies, I assume that many of you would like to know that I have fully recovered, and am back to my normal activities. I am, though, still cautious to take up tennis again, but hope my fear will vanish as my pain and inabilities have.

owlice
Guardian of the Codes

Post by owlice » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:39 am

I'm glad you've recovered!

As someone else once put it, knees are the argument against the notion of "intelligent design." :D
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Orca
Commander

Post by Orca » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:40 am

Good luck with the recovery; if they tell you to do physical therapy, do it, and take it easy as you get back into old activities. I feel your pain! I had a knee injury in my early 30s. I ended up with a torn and folded meniscus. It was a very, very long recovery but I am thankful that my knee healed up very nearly to the point of being "normal" again.

Joseph Hedhli Buell
Ensign

Post by Joseph Hedhli Buell » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:39 am

Thank you, and yeah, I was told to do physical therapy; I did do physical therapy. But I'm past it. I've done all the physical therapy and no longer need to. That's what I meant by fully recovered; no crutches, no brace, no PT; fully recovered. And I have been, for about a month; I just never got around to posting about it. I even had MRI done to see if I had any torn cartilage or needed surgery. I didn't. My knee now is "normal" like you said, with the occasional soreness or heart-stopping pop that really just makes me stop what I'm doing and make a mental note to not ever make the same motion again.
Orca wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:40 am Good luck with the recovery; if they tell you to do physical therapy, do it, and take it easy as you get back into old activities. I feel your pain! I had a knee injury in my early 30s. I ended up with a torn and folded meniscus. It was a very, very long recovery but I am thankful that my knee healed up very nearly to the point of being "normal" again.