The Speed of Gravity

The cosmos at our fingertips.
Fred the Cat
Theoretic Apothekitty
AKA: Ron

The Speed of Gravity

Post by Fred the Cat » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:52 pm

I was listening to Don Lincoln’s video about Einstein and Newton describing the speed of gravity and he was saying how he, “wished he could have witnessed a debate”. How might they disagree about gravity's velocity? With AI nowadays, it might actually be simulated. A daunting task I’d like to see too.

Until I saw a written version. Thoughts of an adult speaking to her toddler about calculus replaced my enthusiasm. :bang:
Freddy's Felicity "Only ascertain as a cat box survivor"

johnbass
Asternaut

Re: The Speed of Gravity

Post by johnbass » Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:00 pm

Fred the Cat wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:52 pm I was listening to Don Lincoln’s video about Einstein and Newton describing the speed of gravity and he was saying how he, “wished he could have witnessed a debate”. How might they disagree about gravity's velocity? With AI nowadays, it might actually be simulated. A daunting task I’d like to see too.
geometry dash scratch
Until I saw a written version. Thoughts of an adult speaking to her toddler about calculus replaced my enthusiasm. :bang:
LIGO, VIRGO, KAGRA are all coming back online in March for observation run #4. They have undergone improvement so the distance they can detect an event will be upped the distance by 50%. That means the volume of space they will cover will be around 3 1/2 times as large as before. That will add a lot of detections. It's going to be quite interesting to follow.

Fred the Cat
Theoretic Apothekitty
AKA: Ron

Re: The Speed of Gravity

Post by Fred the Cat » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:51 pm

johnbass wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:00 pm
Fred the Cat wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:52 pm I was listening to Don Lincoln’s video about Einstein and Newton describing the speed of gravity and he was saying how he, “wished he could have witnessed a debate”. How might they disagree about gravity's velocity? With AI nowadays, it might actually be simulated. A daunting task I’d like to see too.
geometry dash scratch
LIGO, VIRGO, KAGRA are all coming back online in March for observation run #4. They have undergone improvement so the distance they can detect an event will be upped the distance by 50%. That means the volume of space they will cover will be around 3 1/2 times as large as before. That will add a lot of detections. It's going to be quite interesting to follow.
Perhaps an AI version many years in the future could also grant my wish of visualizing the universe as an outside observer with time as the 4th dimension. Imagine seeing the entirety of our universe’s history en bloc.

Of course, I’d be long gone by then and reincarnated as a cat but I might have seen if time-gravity really exists. :wink:
Freddy's Felicity "Only ascertain as a cat box survivor"