Open Cluster of stars (APOD 18/11/05)

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Open Cluster of stars (APOD 18/11/05)

Post by harry » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:45 am

The 37 Cluster
Credit & Copyright: Noel Carboni
Explanation: For the mostly harmless denizens of planet Earth, the brighter stars of open cluster NGC 2169 seem to form a cosmic 37. (Did you expect 42?.) Of course, the improbable numerical asterism appears solely by chance and lies at an estimated distance of 3,600 light-years toward the constellation Orion. As far as galactic or open star clusters go, NGC 2169 is a small one, spanning about 7 light-years. Formed at the same time from the same cloud of dust and gas, the stars of NGC 2169 are only about 8 million years old. Such clusters are expected to disperse over time as they encounter other stars, interstellar clouds, and experience gravitational tides while traveling through the galaxy. Over four billion years ago, our own Sun was likely formed in a similar open cluster of stars.
Response to the above: In my opinion most stable stars are ejected from a large active black hole normally located in the centre of a galaxy and in many cases cluster of stars are ejected giving them a time stamp on their origin.
The cluster being formed from a dust cloud in my opinion would not have sufficient gravitational forces to form a stable star and it is difficult to say that they formed at the same time given the cycle of the star is different from star to star. Not probable for this cluster to be formed from dust clouds.
Harry : Smile and live another day.

Empeda2
Science Officer

Post by Empeda2 » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:44 pm

How would you explain the dust clouds around young clusters - for example the Pleiades?
The Artist Formerly Known as Empeda

Orca
Commander

Post by Orca » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:39 pm

Response to the above: In my opinion most stable stars are ejected from a large active black hole normally located in the centre of a galaxy and in many cases cluster of stars are ejected giving them a time stamp on their origin.
I can't make heads or tails of this statement. :shock:

Doum
A personalized rank.

Post by Doum » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:14 am

:? No, star are not eject from a black hole, giant one or not. Forget that idea. :shock:

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Stars from black holes

Post by harry » Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:56 am

The idea that stars are ejected is not a joke. The flares that are created by blackholes indeed eject not just one star but clusters of them. This idea cannot be fogotten. There are many examles of this. m87 is a prime example. It is part of the recycle process of the universe. Search for the evidence and you will find it. The core of the stars that are ejected are of a very high density plasma and one may argue that it is a singularity of the basic fabric of all matter. If we try to foget ideas that do not agree with us than we build a shell of knowledge that would do more harm than good and entrap us with ideas that maybe wrong.

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Dust clouds

Post by harry » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:03 am

How would you explain the dust clouds around young clusters - for example the Pleiades?

Dust clouds are created by stars shreading their shells and expelling them into space. You may have to look at the workings and process of a star and its dating everytime it realeases the shell. In many cases the core remains giving us a false dating of its age. This field is open for many opinions.

craterchains
Commander

Re: Dust clouds

Post by craterchains » Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:46 pm

harry wrote:This field is open for many opinions.
Quite obviously. :)

Norval
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you." Will Rodgers 1938

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

smile

Post by harry » Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:54 pm

smile is the best, stay cool

NoelC
Creepy Spock

Post by NoelC » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:34 am

I have heard of stars making close passes to black holes and being slingshotted (is that even a word?) at tremendous speed, even high enough to leave the galaxy, but I have never heard of stars or star clusters being "ejected" from black holes by any other means. Do you have any references for this phenomenon handy?

I'd think if this cluster were moving at very high speed someone would have measured it. I found no reference to that being the case.

-Noel

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:02 am

Noel look at the Galaxy m87 and its formation.

Empeda2
Science Officer

Post by Empeda2 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:08 pm

But do you have any links (as in studies, reports, investigation results) about this theory? I have to admit that it's not one that I've come across...

I'm not sure that this theory would explain dusty nebulae, re: Pillars of Creations (and the new Spitzer Mountains of creation of course).

Empeda2
Science Officer

Post by Empeda2 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:16 pm

Cheers Harry - they're really cool :D

I still haven't seen anything mind about Stars being ejected from BHs, there's the mass ejection that we all know about, and there's talk of this ejection shockwave triggering star formation, but nothing about actual stars being ejected.

It's a weird and wondering place eh?!..... 8)

Doum
A personalized rank.

Post by Doum » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:49 am

No Harry, none of those site are talking about star being ejected from the inside of a BH. In fact those picture and comment mean that what your saying about the universe isnt so. You may beleive it as if it was a religion if you want but i wont. You have the right to your opinion and i have the right to mine. So wormhole is a possibily and space time do exist and gravity do change it. Sorry if it disturb you. Cya. :roll:

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:53 am

Nothing disturbs me. I don not live in a shell.
I do have an open mind.
If I had more time i would give you more evidence, until than keep on the journey I like to see people express their opinions. Within the next few years we will have more evidence until than smile and keep on keeping on.

Empeda2
Science Officer

Post by Empeda2 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:23 pm

Yeah, not entirely convincing :!:

Storm_norm
Ensign

yo empeda

Post by Storm_norm » Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:57 am

yo empeda, harry doesn't have to be convincing to post, does he? at least he had some links.

does empeda have links to refute what harry posts? or is this a discussion and not a publication?

keep the ideas rolling harry, empeda, makc, whoever else I have to acknowledge in order to post !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Empeda2
Science Officer

Post by Empeda2 » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:18 pm

No - but he needs to back up what he says - I like the ideas, just need some basis.

The point of discussion is that someone comes up with something - others point out possible shortcomings/observations and it evolves....

I'm definitely not rubbishing what he's writing, I would just like to see some more concrete basis - though Harry asures me in another post that we've just got to be patient....!

S. Bilderback
Science Officer

Post by S. Bilderback » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:34 pm

These types of discussions, fact or opinion, are the best way to self clarify one's line of reasoning. Right of wrong, we all learn something, Thomas Edison learned 10,000 ways NOT to build a light bulb which is equally useful information. Keep it up everyone! :wink:

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:40 pm

wow guys
smile
Keep the discussions going.

Keep Cool

craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:29 pm

What else can one respond with?

:)

Norval
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you." Will Rodgers 1938

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Sat Nov 26, 2005 1:32 am

It is very difficult to prove alot of things.
As for jets being created by active galaxies. Look at the size of these jets, they can easily fit stars and clusters. At a distance they look like dust particals.
Sometimes we look into a black box a work out whats in it.
It is part of the recycling and its the main method of creating high density cores for stars that will last billions of years.
Don't give up on this option.