Dusty NGC 1333

Comments and questions about the APOD on the main view screen.
orin stepanek
Plutopian

Dusty NGC 1333

Post by orin stepanek » Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:13 pm

If our Sun was created in a like area; wouldn't this be a great place to study? Might be planets forming there also?

This is also an awesome APOD; Like the Fourth of July!!!
Orin

[edited, link missing, as always :( - makc]

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Sat Nov 26, 2005 2:09 am

Our sun has many origins.
One origin is the accumulation of matter triggering a critical mass that coverts matter to energy and compressing this energy to an extreme density for long jeopardy say 10 plus billion years.
Or that it is part of an endless recycling process that its destiny i to explodes or eaten up by a blcak hole and than when the time is right and this black hole activates itself to for jet streams that shoots out matter out into space.
This where I think these jets a big enough to shoot out stars as one or in a cluster. Some jet streams are not big enough for stars and should out matter.
Harry : Smile and live another day.

orin stepanek
Plutopian

Post by orin stepanek » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:19 am

Hi Harry! My suggestion was that this might be a great place to observe; being that it is a similar place as to where the sun was born. Must be also a similar place as to where Earth and rest of solar system was born. Maybe more can be learned. I don't know much of black holes except that nothing is supposed to be able to escape them.
Orin

harry
G'day G'day G'day G'day

Post by harry » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:30 am

Hi Orin

Orin i would suggest you look at active galactic centres and it will show you how blackholes eject matter at very fast velocity.

You are right nothing escapes blackholes: unless it is controlled by a black hole. Avtive blackholes create a very large vorttex in the form of a flare or jet stream. Common example is M87.
Even a star when it ejects it shell creates these vortex in the shape of an hour glass.
Harry : Smile and live another day.