poll: should sputnick aka aristarchinexile be banned

The cosmos at our fingertips.
aristarchusinexile
Commander
AKA: Sputnick

Re: poll: should sputnick aka aristarchinexile be banned

Post by aristarchusinexile » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:03 pm

astrolabe wrote:Hello All,

I have to say that the last 15 posts have got to be the worst example of what this Forum has or is becoming. And it is truly a shame. So sad to see such smart and intelligent components whom I've admired and respected for a year and a half get reduced to such a level.

Happy ari? It's hard for me to believe any of your recent posts serve you well or do you any justice; never mind there utter presence within this venue. Sad indeed. Included is, of course, the meaningless comments and replies that your posts have elicited. I hope you are pleased with the outcome.

Please,you really do need to try and exit this Forum on your own. Nothing is cute or funny anymore. Nothing's clever or even approaching witty either. Please, just go. I won't ask again I swear but to be honest even my patience is thinning. I knew who Loco was after your very first entry and said as much. You 've reinvented your self worse than ever. What's your point? Just go please and go NOW if you don't mind. It doesn't somehow seem fitting that my final post to you should be of such an evicting nature but there you have it. Done.
I can almost believe you mean what you are writing. That would be sad. Here's something exciting, an inspiration to me at least.
[urlhttp://technology.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/News/ContentPosting?newsitemid=amazon-monkey-discovery844&feedname=CBC-TECH-SCIENCE-V3&show=False&number=10&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc&date=True][/url]
Duty done .. the rain will stop as promised with the rainbow.
"Abandon the Consensus for Individual Thought"

THE PERFESSER
Asternaut

Post by THE PERFESSER » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:18 pm

GALILEO ?? EINSTEIN ??
BOTH WERE CONSIDERED MAVERICKs

Chris Peterson
Abominable Snowman

Post by Chris Peterson » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:34 pm

THE PERFESSER wrote:GALILEO ?? EINSTEIN ??
Would someone please ban this jerk?
Chris

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
https://www.cloudbait.com

apodman
Teapot Fancier (MIA)

Post by apodman » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:45 pm

aristarchusinexile
Commander

Post by aristarchusinexile » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:01 pm

Exactly! "In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room or collaborative content community with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional or disciplinary response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]"

I post for sharing, including humour, which everyone here does, so I resent the 'troll' label as my intention is NOT to anger or disrupt discussion.

In any case, 'LOCO' was a desperate attempt at humour, a little mystery, a reinvigoration. I relocated to Ottawa and thought I'd take advantage of the new IP for entertainment of the forum, as I was and am almost devoid of inspiration for conversation and interest in the conversations about cosmology as the forum discussions seem to go round and round in endless circles, with the same repetitions almost nauseatingly .. no offence intended, I'm absolutely certain some of you feel the same. Maybe it's just the state of where astronomy seems to be at lately, with few grand visions, many people unwilling to let go of the 'theory is reality' mentality, thereby burying themselves in decades-old dead ends while refusing to consider fresh ideas. So, to those who are as tired of some of my postings as I myself am, I think they are coming to a virtual end. Best Wishes to all.

The Code
2+2=5
AKA: Swainy

Post by The Code » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:05 am

It is very hard to act like somebody else, and to me came across as not very interesting. If people are not honest and make mistakes like they do when they are hiding things I blind myself to the rubbish they talk about,, not worth good hard drive space. Just be your self, its the only way to be.

Mark
Always trying to find the answers

aristarchusinexile
Commander

Post by aristarchusinexile » Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Chris Peterson wrote:
THE PERFESSER wrote:GALILEO ?? EINSTEIN ??
Would someone please ban this jerk?
I don't think calling Galileo or Einstein jerks will win you friends, Chris .. or Brett or Bart for that matter.

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:22 pm

neufer wrote:
apodman wrote:Ban Loco now. Delete all his posts. Ban his replacement. Delete all his posts. Repeat as necessary.
As has been pointed out this is not easy and the moderators to perform the task are volunteers.
my personal vision here is that it is far easier for moderators to ban people in two or three clicks than for those people to go through registration form over and over (and maybe they will need new email too) so this can be put to end in reasonable amount of iterations... so, should we start right now :roll: