Mars,Europa And Our Moon In The Future.

The cosmos at our fingertips.
zeilouz
Ensign

Mars,Europa And Our Moon In The Future.

Post by zeilouz » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:13 pm

We speak of europa n mars,
both of these moon/planet,has a potentially high percentage of life existence.
How do humans,ourselves try to solve this unsolved puzzle?

Nasa and the european space angencies have thought of piercing into europa's crust to detect if they are any water beneath the icy crater to detect,if they are any living things inside the icy moon-even a mircoorganism.
And Mars,some of the nasa ppl say that we nid to spread super greenhouse gases to increase the temperature of the mars which is an average of -73F to 40F.
After that,plants would be impleted on mars and photosynthesis would occur to give out oxygen.Which would take millions of years to produce sufficient oxygen for humans to breathe.
If that were successful,
Heres another challenging puzzle,
How on earth are we going to bring all humans in earth to colonize mars?

What about our moon in the future?
Nasa and the european space agencies also have thought of making a moon base there so that,they could take out some of energy resources.

Helium-3 isotope,which is a nuclear fuel.
These helium-3 isotope, can produce around 60 terawatts where our moon,has a big pile of these substances.

Thoughts?
Astronomical Engineer.

BMAONE23
Commentator Model 1.23

Re: Mars,Europa And Our Moon In The Future.

Post by BMAONE23 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:08 pm

zeilouz wrote: (SNIP)
Heres another challenging puzzle,
How on earth are we going to bring all humans in earth to colonize mars?

Thoughts?
Once Mars has been Terraformed to the point of being able to support our type of life, it is just a matter of bringing a sufficient DNA pool of resources to begin colonization. Around 100 healthy couples would suffice, plus all the animals needed.
Point is, you wouldn't need to transfer the entire population to Mars.

zeilouz
Ensign

Post by zeilouz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:42 am

Thats a possible way but think about the ppl who is living our earth,
bringing a dna pool doesnt solve the problem,
How does the dna might adapt to mars surrouding?
If we were to bring out dna life forms,
Who will take care of them?Although there are machineries that will be used to guide these dna to life,
But when the dna grows n grows n become a human/animal,
I dont think they could survive unless nasa/esa brought some human to take care of these.
And its not easy.
Astronomical Engineer.

BMAONE23
Commentator Model 1.23

Post by BMAONE23 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:41 am

My point is that by GENE POOL I am refering to 200 people that would travel there to set up colonies. All breeding and nurturing would be done by this group of people. They are the DNA POOL.

FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:37 pm

zeilouz wrote: the temperature of the mars which is an average of -73F to 40F.

Thoughts?
That temperature is already in the range for certain lifeforms.
zeilouz wrote:How on earth are we going to bring all humans in earth to colonize mars?
Not going to happen.
Other things happen first.
zeilouz wrote:What about our moon in the future?
The moon race for resources and information has already begun.
:lol:
Tic Toc

GOD
Ensign

Post by GOD » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:52 am

Human beings will find evidence of life on Mars, Europa, as well as phenomenology in the outer planets you can't even believe exists yet.

Events beyond most people's imagination are in store for humanity this coming century. In one decade, it will be a public fact that extra-terrestrials exist. A decade after that, there will be publicized E.T. contact. Another decade after that, Earth will become part of the Alliance of Worlds.

FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:51 am

You're stretching the timeline way too long. Guess again.
Tic Toc

GOD
Ensign

Post by GOD » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:30 am

FieryIce wrote:You're stretching the timeline way too long. Guess again.
GOD doesn't guess -- GOD KNOWS. It is you that does not. If you don't believe ME, wait and see...

FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:11 pm

I have come across an interesting concept over the past several years regarding those ones with an aggressive condescending attitude that has to do with examining kneecaps or not. But then again, that is a different science than astronomy, the study of Mars, Europa, our Moon, crater chains, no impactor remnants.....
Tic Toc

GOD
Ensign

Post by GOD » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:38 am

FieryIce wrote:I have come across an interesting concept over the past several years regarding those ones with an aggressive condescending attitude...
FieryIce: You started the aggressive condescending attitude when you said I was wrong and should guess again. Rather than judge ME, I recommend you take a close look at yourself and stop throwing stones from your glass house.

What you put out is what you get back. That's the 3rd unchangeable law.

craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:53 am

, , , anybody else getting tired of baby sitting these wannabe gods? :roll:
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you." Will Rodgers 1938

makc
Commodore

Post by makc » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:55 pm

you mean you were the one posting under "gods' mom" nick?

craterchains
Commander

Post by craterchains » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:13 pm

Nope, it's not my ISP tacked on to that one, , :lol:
"It's not what you know, or don't know, but what you know that isn't so that will hurt you." Will Rodgers 1938

FieryIce
Science Officer

Post by FieryIce » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:06 pm

Asstricks GOD, the fact remains your timeline is off.

Perfection is a Direction and your going the wrong way.
Tic Toc

Orca
Commander

Post by Orca » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:22 pm

zeilouz wrote:
And Mars,some of the nasa ppl say that we nid to spread super greenhouse gases to increase the temperature of the mars which is an average of -73F to 40F.
After that,plants would be impleted on mars and photosynthesis would occur to give out oxygen.Which would take millions of years to produce sufficient oxygen for humans to breathe.

Thoughts?
I think the idea of terraforming Mars has some major problems.

For starters, there’s a reason the atmosphere is so thin. As greenhouse gasses were added to the Martian atmosphere, temperature would rise, as expected. The trouble is, the warmer the atmosphere gets the harder it is for Mars’ feeble gravity to hold on to it. As I understand it, Mars is thought to have had a dense atmosphere in its past while its volcanoes were active enough to continuously “stock” the atmosphere. So at best, you would have to have some planetary industrial replacement for this volcanic behavior. In other words, you wouldn’t really terraform the planet because it would never stabilize as another Earth.

Titan, Saturn’s largest moon, has a dense atmosphere despite its low gravity…because the temperature is extremely low. Venus, on the other side of the spectrum, is thought to be volcanically active since it “shouldn’t” be able to possess such a dense, hot atmosphere if without active volcanism.

Next, even if you can change the atmosphere and maintain those changes, you can’t manufacture a magnetic field. Earth’s magnetic field protects us from the vast majority of solar radiation and cosmic rays. Mars has no field and thus no such protection. A balmy day by a new Martian lake would be rather uncomfortable after all.

We really don’t know enough about the long term effects of cosmic and solar radiation on human physiology for short term exploration (ie, 1 – 3 year missions) of Mars, let alone permanent residence. The problem of sending humans to Mars if far more complex than rocket science alone. That is, if you want living humans to arrive on Mars.

There is a planet on which humans could live quite comfortably for many thousands of generations with only relatively minor changes in our current behavior. Minor, at least when compared to the prospect of altering other worlds in the solar system to fit our needs. Yep, go out side and breathe deep!

BMAONE23
Commentator Model 1.23

Post by BMAONE23 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:21 pm

We probably wouldn't be able to terraform the surface, but colonization might be possible if it were done internally. Only a few meters of rock would supply ample protection and sealed off enterances to these submartian catacombs would provide for the maintainance on atmospheric pressure. A couple of airlocks to get to the external pressure and you are good to go. While a planet wide magnetic field is highly unlikely, a magnetic shield might be possible.

Orca
Commander

Post by Orca » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:48 am

That's a thought, BMAONE. Though I think it would have to be pretty deep in the ground. I would imagine that solar radiation would be easier to block this way; I'm not sure how much rock it would take to stop cosmic rays and the secondary particle showers their impacts create.

One of the problems with heavy metals as shields is indeed the cascading shower of particles after impact; the highly energetic cosmic ray particle (probably a proton) collides with the hull of a ship. The particle(s) it impacts go flying as well; they in turn send even more particles flying when they collide with their neighbors. Ironically, the more dense the shield, the more particles there are to create this secondary radiation.

Assuming it is feasible to dig deeply enough for solid protection, you might build such an outpost with robotic drillers before the astronauts actually get there. That way you minimize the long-term exposure; to say nothing of having a shelter built for a possible solar flare.

As for creating the magnetic field, that sounds good on paper but the amount of energy needed would be extremely high...

I've read that substances such as water, polyethylene, or liquid hydrogren would make better shields since the secondary particle showers would not be so intense.

Here's a nice picture of a ship using liquid hydrogen as shields..