Earth Endangered By New Strain of Fact-Resistant Humans

Off topic discourse and banter encouraged.
bystander
Apathetic Retiree

Post by bystander » Wed May 08, 2019 8:06 pm

The Space Academy | 2019 Apr 24

Scientists have discovered a powerful new strain of fact-resistant humans who are threatening the ability of Earth to sustain life, a sobering new study reports. The research, conducted by the University of Minnesota, identifies a virulent strain of humans who are virtually immune to any form of verifiable knowledge, leaving scientists at a loss as to how to combat them. ...
Know the quiet place within your heart and touch the rainbow of possibility; be
alive to the gentle breeze of communication, and please stop being such a jerk.
— Garrison Keillor

THX1138
Emailed Bob; Got a new title!
AKA: Wile-e-coyote super genius

Re: Earth Endangered By New Strain of Fact-Resistant Humans

Post by THX1138 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:44 am

I love that, fact resistant humans lol Hung up on their own make believe alternative facts
I've come to the conclusion that when i said i wanted to be somebody when i grew up i probably should have been more specific

Ann
4725 Å

Post by Ann » Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:16 am

THX1138 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:44 am I love that, fact resistant humans lol Hung up on their own make believe alternative facts
These fact resistant humans may not leave too many generations of descendants after them.

Ann
Color Commentator

THX1138

Post by THX1138 » Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:21 am

Indeed that very realistically could be the case
I've come to the conclusion that when i said i wanted to be somebody when i grew up i probably should have been more specific

rstevenson
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Post by rstevenson » Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:35 pm

THX1138 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:21 am I've come to the conclusion that when i said i wanted to be somebody when i grew up i probably should have been more specific
I always like to see credit given. The line “I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.” is from Lily Tomlin’s one-woman show The Search For Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe, written by her partner in life and art Jane Wagner. My wife and I were lucky to see Tomlin perform that extraordinary show back in the 80s in Los Angeles, where we were visiting friends. Tomlin is often credited for the line, but credit really should go to Wagner.

Rob

THX1138

Post by THX1138 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:36 am

That's a fact moreover I have yet to come up with an original quote that might be remembered after I've gone the way of all flesh but nonetheless I like that quote and this one is another one of my favorite's. If there is such a thing as reincarnation and it happens to me my dumb luck I'd come back as myself.
There are just so many wonderful quotes out there, Groucho Marx, I refuse to be a member of any group that would have me as a member and on and on and on. Peace, out

Fred the Cat
Theoretic Apothekitty
AKA: Ron

Post by Fred the Cat » Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:46 pm

How would humans deal with first contact? Recent events show how fast we fantasize and wish this to happen sooner rather than later but we’ve grown accustomed to the idea we are top of the food chain. PBS recently aired First Contact.

Whether we need a plan or not, definite proof might not be the panacea we would wish. At least we wouldn't be bored fussing over unalienable rights. :wink:
Freddy's Felicity "Only ascertain as a cat box survivor"

Jimboishere
Asternaut

Post by Jimboishere » Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:48 am

Ann wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:16 am
THX1138 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:44 am I love that, fact resistant humans lol Hung up on their own make believe alternative facts
These fact resistant humans may not leave too many generations of descendants after them.

Ann
They are going to resist that fact too, can't stop 'em :lol2:

H Ilyas
Ensign

Post by H Ilyas » Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:45 pm

Ann wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:16 am

Ann
This is why they're ironically identifying themselves as woke! :lol2: